PM Awas Yojana Home scheme seeks to offer affordable housing facilities to the poor in the country based on the filter of their annual income. It was a massive, path-breaking initiative by our government, which worked towards the welfare of the people in all possible ways. It was launched back in 2015 by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA) with a mission to provide housing to all by the end of 2022. The scheme also had another sub-scheme called Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
What Is PMAY CLSS?
Under the PMAY CLSS scheme, the beneficiary can enjoy credit-linked subsidy on enhancement, purchase or restructuring of homes. The scheme is entitled only for EWS, LIG and MIG section of people in the country.
- Beneficiaries with a yearly income of up to INR 3 lakh come under the EWS category. The credit linked subsidy for this category is 6.5-percent under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme on a loan amount of INR 6 lakh. The allowed carpet area for this category is 30 sq-m.
- Beneficiaries with yearly income between INR 3 lakh and INR 6 lakh come under the LIG category. The CLS for this category is 6.5- percent on a loan amount of INR 6 lakh under the PMAY CLSS scheme. The allowed carpet area for this category is 60 sq-m.
- For beneficiaries under the MIG-I category, the yearly income lies below INR 12 lakh. The CLSS is 4% on a loan amount of INR 9 lakh under the CLSS scheme or home loan subsidy scheme and the allowed carpet area is 160 sq-m.
- For beneficiaries under the MIG-II category, the yearly income lies between INR 12 lakh and INR 18 lakh. The CLSS is 3% on a loan amount of INR 12 lakh and the allowed carpet area is 200 sq-m.
What Is PM Awas Yojana Eligibility?
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Anyone who is already the owner of a house is not eligible for the CLSS scheme.
- The applicant and his family should not have utilised the benefits of any government housing plans in the past.
- To qualify for the credit-linked subsidy scheme, the applicant must be either unmarried or must represent the entire family unit to clear the PMAY CLSS criteria.
- The minority class like ST, SC or OBC should meet in person in order to provide the caste and income certificates for verification.
- Women from backward classes like ST, SC or OBC will be considered for the home loan subsidy scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme brought a beautiful and unexpected change in the lives of the people who have been dreaming of having their own home since long. This determined step by our honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi enriched and empowered many lives as they now have a roof to live under and they can call it their own. The whole process of applying and claiming for the benefits is very seamless and people can easily access the system under the credit-linked subsidy scheme.