How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana – A Step By Step Guide
In 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the biggest healthcare program called Ayushman Bharat Yojana, which aimed at a large number of beneficiaries – approximately equal to the population of Canada, Mexico and the US taken together. It was massive in the context of this reach to the normal public. The scheme provides coverage of 5 lakh annually per family. No money is required to be paid by the family for the treatment in case of hospitalisation.
Eligibility Criteria for PMJAY:
- Name in SECC List: The beneficiaries must have their name registered in this list. If his/her name is not on the list, then he/she is not entitled to cashless benefits.
- Age Criteria: There is no age restriction and everyone whose name is present in the SECC list can redeem the benefits.
- Size of the Family: There is no constraint on the number of family members. Small as well as large families are eligible for the scheme.
How to Check Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Here’s what you need to do to check PMJAY eligibility:
- Interested applicants must visit the NHA web portal and log in to the site – mera.pmjay.gov.in.
- It will ask the applicant to enter the mobile number and captcha code.
- An OTP (One Time Password) is sent to the entered mobile number.
- Select your state and hospital.
- All the fields have to be entered.
- If the applicant’s name is present in the list of beneficiaries, it will display on the right side of the page.
- Clicking on ‘family members’ will display the beneficiary details.
Ayushman Bharat Registration Online:
There is no online or offline application process. The authority themselves select the beneficiaries based on the SECC list.
How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- Identity verification will be done at the hospital’s help desk through Aadhaar card or other Ids.
- Identification of beneficiary will be done using a letter with the family card.
- The patients can then proceed to meet the Ayushman Mitra who will help in the registration process.
- The Ayushman Mitra checks whether the patient is eligible for cashless treatment.
- The case is then forwarded to the hospital authority.
- The beneficiary is then informed about the treatment packages and his/her cashless treatment account balance is also checked.
- Once the hospital authorities receive the official documents, the actual treatment process starts.
- After the completion of treatment, the hospital administrator submits a claim request and collects all information required for the discharge of the patient.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana application process is very easy. Also, the team ensures that all the listed guidelines are implemented properly. The scheme is a combination of two major health initiatives – Health and Wellness centres and the National Health Protection Scheme. In general, it has helped a lot of people who cannot afford medical treatments due to their own problems and issues in life. It had a positive impact on a large portion of the population and a majority of the states except three – Odisha, Delhi and Telangana.