PMAY is a scheme that was launched by the Modi Government in 2015 to ensure affordable housing facilities to all the poor and deprived beneficiaries in the country by establishing 2 crore new houses by 2022. The scheme was launched keeping in mind the intolerable conditions in which people live without a home. It aims to offer supreme benefits to them so that they grow better economically. In other words, it ensures ‘housing for all’.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Lucknow
To apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Lucknow, there are certain criteria that need to be met:
- The beneficiary should not own a pucca house in any part of India in his/her name or in any family member’s name.
- If the applicant is a married couple, either one of them or both jointly can have an ownership for a single subsidy.
- The family of the applicant should not have utilised any benefits from the central government under any housing scheme before.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Lucknow?
Here’s how you can apply for this housing scheme:
- The registration process can be done by visiting the online official website – pmaymis.gov.in.
- After the applicant has logged on to this site, he has to click on “citizen assessment” option under the Pradhan Mantri Yojana form.
- If the applicant dwells in a slum, then he should click on “For slum dwellers” option or else he should click on “Benefits under 3 components”.
The application process for PMAY can also be done offline by visiting the nearest public bank. The applicant is just required to fill in the form by providing all the necessary details. After form-filling is done, he/she should attach all the essential documents and submit it to the bank official. After the verification is done, the application will be processed.
Applying Online through CSC (Common Service Centres):
For receiving applications through this method, 60000 CSCs have been opened. To apply through CSC, the beneficiary must have an Aadhaar card and if the beneficiary doesn’t have it, the CSC will help them get one. The applicant must visit his/her nearest CSC and fill in the Awas Yojana form following which they will be provided with a unique identification number and photo for future use.
If required, one should also print the application form for references in the future.
The PMAY scheme, also known as the ‘Housing for All’ scheme, seeks to serve as many rural areas as possible because they are the ones that suffer the most due to backwardness, lack of resources and abilities. There is a need for enhancement of our villages, which are often deprived of many facilities. The initiative tries to reduce the huge gap in the difference between the development of urban areas and the rural areas.
Ensuring houses for all is definitely not so easy, but we are grateful that the central government has taken this small step towards achieving the aim. It is amazing that the scheme has been able to affect the lives of so many people in different states of the country in a very short span and this only gives us more confidence that it is going to reach each and every individual who dreams of owning a house.