Get Yourself Registered with Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The current regime under the leadership of our honorable Prime minister, Narendra Modi has been possibly the most debated and scrutinized parliamentary term. Each of the government’s schemes is thoroughly criticized by the opposition and the media alike. Even among the common population, awareness about what the government at the center is doing in terms of its schemes and benefits is always a hot topic of discussion.
One of the most ambitious and possibly one of the largest schemes in the world in terms of scale and implementation is the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. This scheme is aimed at revitalizing the medical sector, wherein the beneficiaries of this scheme can get healthcare and assistance in all government as well as private institutes across the nation, completely free of cost. This scheme would be implemented and supervised by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in cooperation with the National Health System.
The following are the key features of the scheme:
- Easy Access to Healthcare: Each year, millions of people die in India due to lack of proper treatment facilities or expensive treatment charges. This scheme aims to provide proper medical treatment to thousands of families across India, without the need for them to worry about paying extravagant hospital bills.
- Complete coverage: Under this scheme, each family will receive an amount of INR 5 Lakh for their medical treatment. The transfer will be completely digitized and cashless. Hence, it reduces corruption and the insecurity of officials scamming money before it reaches the needy individuals. This said amount will be allocated for every financial year.
- Automatic Insurance renewal: The best part about this scheme is that there won’t be any need for beneficiaries to worry about yearly renewal. The renewal process will be carried out automatically by the government each year.
- A Friend – Ayushman Mitra: Under this scheme, chosen individuals are trained to assist people to ensure that they are able to understand and utilize this scheme to their best advantage. They will also help beneficiaries to get proper medical treatment while taking care of all their needs. In such a scheme, preference is given to people working in the medical industry or hospitals to receive extensive training and become an Ayushman Mitra.
- Helpline Number: There is a separate toll-free number allotted by the central ministry as a helpline for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The beneficiaries can call this number to get any knowledge and information about the scheme and its implementation. Just dial 14555 and get connected to the CSC centres of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Just in case none of these facilities is available to the beneficiaries, the local Anganwadi or ASHA workers would also be able to assist patrons.
- SECC 2011 list: The single criterion that the candidates must fulfil to avail this scheme is to have registered for the SECC 2011 list. The name of the beneficiary on the SECC will automatically make them a part of the beneficiaries list.
- Age: There is no age bracket allotted to this scheme. Family members of all age groups are eligible for availing benefits.
- Family Members: No limit is imposed on the number of family members receiving the benefit under this scheme. Each family will receive an amount of INR 5 lakhs. This money can be used to treat any member of the family.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration online is a very simple and straight forward process. Since the scheme does not have an application process, beneficiaries whose names come under the SECC 2011 list will be automatically selected by the authorities. The scheme allots a smart card for each registered beneficiary, which will be sent to them directly. However, the mode that the government will use to send these cards to their respective beneficiaries safely and on time is not decided on as yet. The beneficiaries can check the presence of their names on the list by logging on to the official website of the scheme and searching the list by filling in the required details.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration online has made it extremely simple by the central government to ensure maximum transparency and fast implementation. Being one of the most ambitious schemes from the Indian government, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana has a lot of potential and benefits if implemented correctly.